It’s sweater weather, and that means it is time to get out to enjoy the cooler temperatures. Take a day to explore Grove City, Ohio, with a trek through a kaleidoscope of colorful leaves and autumn decorations. Plan for a full day or weekend experiencing the historic downtown, and then hop in your car for a fall road trip to one of the city’s rural farms.
Spend a Day at Circle S Farm
If you are looking for an outdoor whole farm experience, Circle S Farm has something for everyone! From the moment you park your car, you will be drawn to the excitement that comes from heading to a pumpkin patch to get your bright orange field find.
Smell your way to the entrance of the Pumpkin Cafe, where they are cranking out freshly made donuts and baked goods daily during the Fall Fun Days. The pumpkin donut is one of the main reasons many fall fun seekers come here year after year.
Pro-tip: Grab your baked goods first to ensure you get what you want before they sell out.
After you make your purchase at the store, head outside, where you will find an autumn wonderland of activities for kids and adults alike. Take the slide down into the hay mound, pet the goats at the petting zoo area, and find your way through the corn maze if you dare.
The main attraction at Circle S is the tractor ride that takes wagon loads of pumpkin treasure hunters out to the field to get the perfect one for carving or decorating the front porch. You’ll bounce your way out and disembark to wander about the pumpkin patch until you find the ideal bright orange circular orb. Afterward, they drop you off at your car, so you don’t have to carry it all the way yourself.
Spend the morning or the whole afternoon at the farm and enjoy everything the Fall offers!
Pro-tip: They are open daily from 9:00 am – 7:00 pm for the whole month of October.
Take a Pumpkin Trek Through the City
Don’t leave town before checking out Grove City’s annual Pumpkin Trek. It is a great way to get out and have an Altogether Adventure through the heart of the historic district and visit nearby local shops.
- The Chandler From the moment you walk in the door, you are met with a feeling of excitement about what you can create at this one-of-a-kind activity. Pour your own candle to make a fall scent, or buy one already made.
- Lilly’s Keg 1912 Since you are on the prowl for all things fall, check out the pumpkin beer or grab a piece of pumpkin pie while you are there. If you want to continue your trek, grab a DORA cup to walk the historic downtown while sipping your beer.
- Tropical Nut and Fruit This farm-to-table concept started from the ground up, and now you can try delightful flavors from their creative line. The fall favorite is Pumpkin Spice Pretzels.
- Cimi’s Bistro Patio weather in the fall creates a backdrop of perfection, and Cimi’s Bistro has one of the best outdoor dining spaces in central Ohio. Get your stamp here after enjoying a spectacular meal.
- Kirk’s Farm Market If you want to grab a locally grown Ohio pumpkin, gourd, or fresh produce, this is the stop for you! The Kirk’s family passion is providing visitors with low-cost, high-quality, Ohio-grown products.
- Strawser’s Ice Cream, Pop & Candy Shop One of Grove City’s newest shops gives a whole new meaning to a “sweet fall stop” They offer a full line of autumn flavors, and you won’t just leave with a small bag of goodies.
Columbus Keto Make sure to find this local, family-owned bakery in the heart of Grove City that creates sensational, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, keto-friendly baked goods. These delectable treats will tempt your taste buds.
- Broadway Fireplace and Decor From the moment you walk into the door, you will be “warmed” by the fireplace flames, but this shop is much more than just fireplaces. A stop here will help you fill your home with autumn decor or your front porch with a spooky guest.
- Grove Sheek Boutique While you are on a fall trek, Grove Sheek Boutique will tempt you with all the Ohio swag you could want. Fill your basket with a delightful fall find, and add a “Go Bucks!” sweatshirt to keep you warm.
- Grove City Guide and Gear Make this your last stop on your trek because this is where you pick up your winnings from your fall experience. You will be welcomed with a warm hello at this shop filled with local items and plenty of information about Grove City for you to continue exploring.
Pro tip: Here is how the trek works! Grab a copy of the Pumpkin Trek Guide at one of the participating local businesses, then pick six or more locations to shop for something fall related. Once you make your purchase, have the establishment stamp your Trek Guide. Take your Trek Guide to the Grove City Visitor Center and collect your prize!
**Check days and opening times before heading out on your trek