Grove City is home to some of the best businesses in the Columbus area, and every year the area’s top print publications conduct reader polls to gauge the metro area’s fan favorites. Now that the latest publication has released their results, we wanted to highlight all the area’s award winners, whether they’re unique to Grove City, or have made just one of their homes here, among other great places.
Cimi’s Bistro at Pinnacle was voted the Best Place to Drink Your Bunch (Best of the ‘Bus by CityScene Magazine) and with traditional options like Bloody Marys, Irish Coffee, and the less traditional Beermosa, coupled with a breath-taking view, it’s easy to see why CityScene Magazine readers would opt to start their day at Cimi’s.
1500 Pinnacle Club Drive • (614) 539-0722 • cimisbistro.com
Farm Table on 62 took home Best Locally Owned Boutique (Best of the ‘Bus by CityScene Magazine). Readers love the varied options of home decor galore and plethora of locally-made goods available at this charming boutique. To top it off, The Farm Table on 62 also provides painting and repurposing classes to update your already well-loved furniture.
3952 Broadway • (614) 668-9974 • thefarmtableon62.com
Grove City Brewing Company may have won Best Brewery (Best of the ‘Bus by CityScene Magazine), with their sister company Plum Run Winery likewise winning Best Winery (Best of the ‘Bus by CityScene Magazine), but they’re also a meadery and cidery. Couple that with their Grove City-centric collaborations (with Grove City-favorites Jolly Pirate Donuts, Heritage Cycles, and The Honey House) and you’ve got possibly the hippest collaboration hub in Grove City.
Heart of Grove City Wine and Arts Festival was awarded Best Drink Themed Festival (Best of the ‘Bus by CityScene Magazine) and it’s no wonder since it’s the 2nd largest Ohio-only wines festival in the state! If you’re not into wine, you can still enjoy the festival’s fine arts vendors, musical entertainment and varied food trucks with selections for every palate.
3378 Park Street • (614) 539-8762 • heartofgrovecity.org/wine-and-arts-festival
Mid-Ohio Foodbank was chosen for 3 area awards; Local Charity (ColumBEST by (614) Magazine), Best Service Organization (Top of CBUS by Dispatch), and Best Volunteer Experience (Best of the ‘Bus by CityScene Magazine). Across the board, Mid-Ohio Foodbank is the best at giving back and having fun while you’re at it!
3960 Brookham Drive • (614) 277-3663 • midohiofoodbank.org
Metro Parks was voted Best Free Family Attraction (ColumBEST by (614) Magazine) and Grove City has 2 of those to enjoy – Battelle Darby Creek Metro Park and Scioto Grove Metro Park. Battelle Darby is most notable for its herd of bison and amazing Nature Center (complete with a living stream), while Scioto Grove offers a drone field and the only Columbus-area urban backpacking sites, conveniently located along the REI River Trail.
- Battelle Darby Creek Metro Park also landed 2nd Place for Best Metro Park (Top of CBUS by Dispatch).
Battelle Darby Creek Metro Park | 1775 Darby Creek Drive (Galloway, Ohio) • (614) 370-6254 • metroparks.net/parks-and-trails/battelle-darby-creek
Scioto Grove Metro Park | 5172 Jackson Pike • (614) 949-1078 • metroparks.net/parks-and-trails/scioto-grove
Rise Yoga Studio won Best Yoga Studio (Best of the ‘Bus by CityScene Magazine). Fans seem to flock to this Grove City studio because of the relaxing and inviting atmosphere, variety of instructors and classes suitable for every skill level.
4032 Broadway • (614) 506-7255 • riseyogaohio.com
Grove City has a fair share of beloved local businesses, but the city also boasts it’s fill of regional and national chains, including the following well-loved award-winners:
- Anthony-Thomas • Best Chocolate Treats ( Best of the ‘Bus by CityScene Magazine)
- Grove City Location: 2434 Stringtown Road
- Chick-fil-A • Best Fast Food (ColumBEST by (614) Magazine)
- Grove City Location: 1696 Stringtown Road
- City Barbeque • Best Barbeque (Best of the ‘Bus by CityScene Magazine and ColumBEST by (614) Magazine)
- Grove City Location: 2261 Stringtown Road
- Dick’s Sporting Goods • Best Sporting Goods (ColumBEST by (614) Magazine)
- Grove City Location: 1656 Stringtown Road
- El Vaquero • Best Mexican Restaurant and Best Bang for Your Buck Restaurant (ColumBEST by (614) Magazine)
- Grove City Location: 1566 Stringtown Road
- Massage Envy • Best Place to Get a Massage (ColumBEST by (614) Magazine)
- Grove City Location: 5907 Hoover Road
- Massey’s Pizza • Best Pizzeria (Top of CBUS by Dispatch)
- Grove City Location: 4015 Parkmead Drive
- Orange Theory Fitness • Best Fitness Studio (ColumBEST by (614 Magazine)
- Grove City Location: 2718 London Groveport Road
- Rooster’s • Best Wings, Best Place to Eat at the Bar and Best Wait Staff, Best Sports Bar (ColumBEST by (614) Magazine)
- Grove City Location: 1650 Stringtown Road
Be sure to stop by and visit all of the reader poll favorites, and see for yourself why these Grove City businesses are considered the best of the best!
About (614) Magazine’s ColumBEST • ColumBEST Complete List
(614) Magazine’s ‘Best Of’ poll takes place in March each year at 614columbus.com. The 30-day voting period uncovers the best the city has to offer as voted by our readers. In May, (614) Magazine celebrates these winners with the largest and hottest issue of the year along with a sold-out event that celebrates the best businesses in the city.
About CityScene Magazine’s Best of the Bus • Best of the ‘Bus Complete List
CityScene Magazine’s Reader Poll cumulates the biggest hits of the Columbus Metro area with Best of the ‘BUS. 66 different categories are available to vote on starting March 1 with winners published in the July issue of CityScene Magazine.
About Dispatch’s Top of CBUS • Top of CBUS Complete List
Top of CBUS celebrates top Central Ohio businesses and organizations, chosen by the people who live here. Dispatch annually asks Central Ohio to tell them who they count on — day in and day out — for products, services, and entertainment. To tell us which local companies are the best of the best. This year’s results were made possible an enthusiastic response of people who cast nearly 250,000 votes, 80,000 more than last year.
Blogger: Dany Adams is the Communications Manager for Visit Grove City. She is a Columbus College of Art and Design alumnus and her dog’s biggest fangirl. Tweet: @GroveCityDany #visitgrovecity #altogetheradventure