(Grove City, OH) – Visit Grove City honors the places, people and hard work that make the Grove City tourism community successful through their annual Trailblazer Awards.
2019 Trailblazer Winners:
Altogether Adventure – Amanda DeCastro @BusyInGroveCity
- The Altogether Adventure Trailblazer is an influencer, organization, or local partner who takes full advantage of the benefits of utilizing the Visit Grove City brand. They leverage the brand tools provided by Visit Grove City with a unique and memorable approach with embodies Altogether (inclusive, well-rounded, and engaging) Adventure.
- Amanda DeCastro is a full-time mom with a side of leading community relations for a local TV station. She and her two-year-old daughter Samantha stay Busy in Grove City, Ohio, where they live — so busy in fact they started an Instagram page dedicated to our life around town – @BusyInGroveCity. While she certainly takes advantage of all Columbus has to offer – she is always excited to share the hidden kiddo-friendly gems located in Grove City (and sometimes spots outside of Grove City, too!)
- Photo by Jeffrey Tadlock | AmandaDeCastro @BusyInGroveCity
Attraction/Business – Southwest Franklin County Historical Society
- The Attraction/Business Trailblazer represents the best of Grove City’s tourism assets. From the experience they provide visitors to their enhancement of the community’s image, they are always seeking to improve the tourism industry in Grove City.
- The Southwest Franklin County Historical Society brings together people interested in the history of the City of Grove City, Village of Urbancrest and the townships of Jackson, Pleasant, Prairie and Franklin, all located within Southwest Franklin County. Collect and maintain historical records, artifacts, and promote interest in the past.
- Photo by Jeffrey Tadlock | Southwest Franklin County Historical Society, pictured from left to right: Bev Babbert (SWFCHS Member), Steve Jackson (SWFCHS President), and Barbara Howison (SWFCHS Founder and Member)
Community Event – Grove City Farmers Market
- The Community Event Trailblazer is a community event that not only brings together our local community but also aims to create a memorable visitor experience. The event organizers strive to continually improve the event and the Grove City tourism industry. This can be any event, large or small, that takes place in Grove City.
- The Grove City Farmers Market brings fun and new components every season, from a chef cook-off and cooking demonstrations to an earth-friendly gardening corner and compost drop-off location. As their nominator said, “Not only do we feel the sense of community every Saturday morning from May through September, visitors to the Grove City area have taken note and return to buy local and enjoy the Grove City vibe.” 2019’s Community Event Trailblazer is the Grove City Farmers Market put on by our friends at the Grove City Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Photo by Jeffrey Tadlock | Grove City Area Chamber of Commerce Staff, pictured from left to right: Heather Brokaw (Administrative Assistant), Shawn Conrad (Executive Director), and Marilyn Reiner (Events Manager)
Individual – Alex Rogers of Alex is Social
- The Individual Trailblazer goes to an individual that demonstrates excellence in creating a positive visitor experience and serves as a strong ambassador for Grove City’s tourism community. They seek to always go above and beyond in everything they do. This individual can be an employee at a local business, a government representative, or a volunteer with a local organization.
- Alex Rogers was nominated for their efforts to highlight the very best of the Grove City area. By sharing and utilizing their talents to create brand awareness for local businesses and assist these businesses with their social media presence, this individual understands the value of what our destination has to offer. As his nominator stated, “Alex is dedicated to his family, business associates, and friends – his heart is always in his hometown!”
- Photo by Jeffrey Tadlock | Alex Rogers of Alex is Social
About Visit Grove City
Visit Grove City, the official destination marketing organization for the City of Grove City, is charged with marketing Grove City as a premier business and leisure destination, thus enriching our community’s overall quality of life. For more information, please email dany@visitgrovecity oh.com.