To read the Ohio Revised Code in regards to a DORA, visit http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4301.82
What is the Grove City Town Center Designated Outdoor Area (DORA) and how does it work?
Patrons age 21 and older may purchase an alcoholic beverage from an approved, liquor-permitted establishment; then sip, stroll, shop and explore within the DORA boundaries of Grove City’s historic Town Center.
Before a patron plans to leave the liquor-permitted establishment with alcohol, he/she must request a DORA-designated cup.
Only beverages in DORA cups are permitted and protected from Grove City’s open-container laws. No cans, bottles or alcoholic beverages purchased from non-DORA establishments, are permitted within the DORA.
What are the DORA hours?
2 p.m. to midnight, Monday – Saturday, excluding Friday, July 26; Thursday, Oct. 31; and Saturday, Dec. 7.
What are the rules?
- Purchase an alcoholic drink at a DORA-designated establishment and have the beverage poured into a specially marked cup.
- Drink and stroll along the sidewalks and in shops within the DORA boundaries.
- Alcoholic beverages CANNOT be brought from one liquor-permitted bar/restaurant to another establishment that serves alcohol.
- Purchase an alcoholic beverage at an authorized location and enjoy it while strolling within the DORA boundaries. The drink must be in an official DORA cup.
- Sip and Shop! You are welcome to take a DORA drink into an establishment that does not have a liquor license. A business owner/operator who does not permit DORA drinks, will display such signage.
- Dispose of your DORA cup properly when you finish. Help keep Grove City beautiful!
- Have fun while respecting that not all individuals within the DORA boundaries are drinking.
- Maintain a family-friendly atmosphere at all times.
- Bring your own alcoholic beverages into Town Center.
- Walk around with an alcoholic drink not in a designated DORA cup (no cans, glass or drinks purchased elsewhere are permitted).
- Take a beverage purchased from one liquor-permitted DORA establishment, into another liquor-permitted establishment. You must dispose of your previously purchased DORA cup/beverage before entering another liquor-permitted establishment.
Where can DORA beverages be purchased?
Current DORA-authorized establishments include:
- Grandstand Pizza
- Grove City Brewing Co.
- Hop Yard 62
- Local Cantina
- Parker’s Tavern
- Plank’s on Broadway
- Plum Run Winery
- Zassy’s Taproom
The map designates the boundaries of the DORA (perimeter signs in place) and the liquor-permitted DORA establishments.